At Leading Edge Geomatics (LEG), our mission is to provide next generation service and technology solutions in the geomatics industry. LEG has grown to be one of the top providers of digital aerial photography and LiDAR throughout Canada and the United States. As a result of our expanding product offerings, we are seeking a Bathymetric Project Coordinator to join our team.
Key Position Objectives: Project Coordination
- Initiate projects and work with the Utility Account Executive to disseminate information
- Understand project scope and contract information
- Help to establish timelines and ensure they are met
- Assess projects for risks and work with GPS Manager determine resolution
- Communicate with Clients daily
- Provide weekly project summaries
- Report WIP percentages accurately
- Ensure deliveries are accurate and meet quality
- Maintain a geospatial database to track and manage project milestones
- Handling multiple projects simultaneously is a requirement
- Close projects and handle invoices
- Assist Bathymetric Account Executive with the advancement of the Bathymetric Portfolio
- Provide Bathymetric expertise to support the Research and Development team
- Present at and/or attend remote sensing related conferences
Processing and Quality Control
- Making a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Conducting a final quality check on collected data and the final products
- Carefully packaging all project deliverables, checking to confirm that all project requirements have been met.
- Organize an archiving scheme in order to be able to respond quickly to customer’s special request or corrections.
- In the initial and final processing steps of larger projects, ensuring that a rigorous naming and cataloguing convention is kept.
- Coordinate timely completion of multiple projects simultaneously
- Developing Metadata files
Training and Mentoring
- Ensuring project team members are adequately trained to complete tasks successfully
- Ensuring subcontractors are provided adequate best practices and training to complete tasks successfully
- Regularly updating best practice documents and manuals.
- Making process improvement suggestions.
- Other duties as required.
The Bathymetric Project Coordinator will report to the Project Manager and will collaborate with the following people/teams:
- Bathymetric Account Executive: Ensure project compliance and that delivery dates are understood and feasible.
- GPS Team: Coordinate, delegate and support as required to meet customer and project delivery requirements.
- R&D and Ops Team: Gather and provide input on new services and solutions as appropriate.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
Must have successfully completed a program in Remote Sensing from a recognized post-secondary institution and have a minimum of two years’ experience in the industry. Experience working in ArcGIS and a strong working knowledge of remote sensing applications and products is valuable. Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
Additional assets include:
- Experience working with Hydrographic data products
- Experience working in R/Python