An aerial topobathymetric LiDAR survey is an effective tool for mapping coastlines, estuaries, rivers, and other non-navigable shallow water. The agility of an airborne survey allows for collection of quality data in a safe and efficient manner, with no need to send crew into hazardous waters or remote terrain and minimizing the time lapsed between data acquisition and product delivery. Our topobathymetric LiDAR systems are co-mounted with high-resolution digital cameras. The potential for simultaneous topobathymetric LiDAR and imagery collection yields a complete package to get the most information out of your survey area. Our topobathymetric sensors have achieved post-refraction depths of over 20 metres in suitable survey conditions. LEG’s portfolio includes projects flown over estuaries, rivers, wetlands, and ocean coastal areas since 2017. We are well equipped to provide solutions for all your mapping needs.
Products derived from topobathymetric point cloud:
- Seamless topographic & bathymetric Digital Elevation Model
- Topographic and Bathymetric intensity rasters
- Hillshades, slope, and depth rasters
- Coastline vectors and contours
- Benthic habitat mapping (with the additional use of digital imagery)
Usage of topobathymetric point cloud:
- Non-navigable water body mapping
- Natural disaster survey and management
- Flood mapping
- Pre- and post-dredge surveys
- Coastal erosion monitoring
- Wetland survey
- Benthic habitat mapping
Contact Leading Edge Geomatics today to learn more on how we can support your topobathymetric surveying needs.